The Bandits Blog
The 2020 National Spring Rugby League Competition, which was postponed due to the prevention of COVID-19 spread, has received the green light from the Korea Rugby Association. The competion will be held in Jindo-gun, Jeollanam-do for about 12 days from June 24 to July 5.
The event is being hosted by the Korea Rugby Association, organized by the Jeonnam Rugby Association, and sponsored by Jindo County and Jindo County Sports Council.
All competition participants must comply with the 2020 Korean Rugby Association Response Guidelines for the Prevention of Corona Viral Immunity-19. Further to this, an official event draw and opening ceremony will be not take place this year. Masks must be worn at all times within team ranks and on the team benches.
In addition, thorough preventive measures will be implemented, such as the registering of player names and no spitting (spreading of saliva) will be allowed.
If a suspected case occurs, the competition will be suspended at once and the affected squad must take self-isolation measures with immediate effect. The competition will be held without any attendance and will broadcast live on the Korean Rugby Association Facebook Page.
Issued by: Korea Rugby Association
We appreciate your support for the 2020 National Spring Rugby League, which was temporarily postponed due to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19. Also, please understand that this competition will be held with utmost regard for the health and safety of all rugby people.
- Grand Meeting: 2020 National Spring Rugby League Competition.
- Competition Period: June 24 - July 5, 2020 (12 days).
- Place of competition: Jindo County, South Jeolla Province (public playground).
- Application Closing: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 16:00 p.m. - The website of this association (competition participation system) Link - app.sports.or.kr
Complete the questionnaire and submit an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for each participant with the school principal's confirmation. Please adhere to the application deadline.
- Meeting of Representatives: June 12, 2020 (Friday) 15:00 p.m. /Jindo Public Stadium Conference Room.
a) The registration process for competitors (athletes and coaches) must be completed before applying for participation.
b) Comply with the guidelines for responding to competitions hosted by the Korea Rugby Association to prevent the spread of Covid-19 infections (see the notice on the website).
- Always use hand sanitizer in the stadium.
- Entering the stadium (practice field) after temperature measurement.
- It is essential to wear a mask during the competition/training time.
- Active cooperation in testing and examination when finding unattended rugby bags and other gear.
c) It will be a non-attendance competition (live broadcast on Facebook).
* Refer to the attached document for the schedule, regulations, and guidelines for the competition.
* Whether or not the competition will be held may change depending on the trend of corona diffusion.